By Ulrich Marzolph
This finished reference at the "Arabian Nights" offers precise examine on nearly all elements of the stories, together with significant protagonists, subject matters, very important translations, textual historical past, diversifications, reworkings, works encouraged by way of the stories and elements of literary thought.
Mozart's enduring acceptance, between song fans as a composer and between tune historians as a topic for persisted research, lies on the center of The Cambridge Mozart Encyclopedia. This reference booklet services either as a place to begin for info on particular works, humans, areas and ideas in addition to a summation of present wondering Mozart. The prolonged articles on genres replicate the newest in scholarship and new methods of considering the works whereas the articles on humans and locations offer old framework, in addition to interpretation.
BRILL S NEW PAULY is the English version of the authoritative DER NEUE PAULY, released by way of Verlag J.B. Metzler considering 1996. The encyclopaedic insurance and excessive educational general of the paintings, the interdisciplinary and modern method and transparent and available presentation have made the hot PAULY the unrivalled sleek reference paintings for the traditional global. Fifteen volumes ("Antiquity," 1-15) of BRILL S NEW PAULY are dedicated to Greco-Roman antiquity and canopy greater than thousand years of background, starting from the second one millennium BC to early medieval Europe. particular emphasis is given to the interplay among Greco-Roman tradition at the one hand, and Semitic, Celtic, Germanic, and Slavonic tradition, and historic Judaism, Christianity, and Islam nonetheless. 5 volumes ("Classical Tradition," I-V) are uniquely enthusiastic about the lengthy and influential aftermath of antiquity and the method of continuing reinterpretation and revaluation of the traditional history, together with the heritage of classical scholarship. BRILL S NEW PAULY provides the present country of conventional and new components of study and brings jointly professional wisdom from major students from world wide. Many entries are elucidated with maps and illustrations and the English version will contain up-to-date bibliographic references."
First released in 1996. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa corporation.
An easy-to-use unmarried reference resource masking the complete variety of topic components linked to plant pathology!
This finished quantity covers the complete box of plant pathology. It doesn't simply outline the varied topics coated (297 issues rigorously prepared in 38 sections!) yet describes them intimately. each one component of this ebook serves as a entire evaluate of a given quarter, offering breadth of assurance for college students and intensity of insurance for study execs.
as well as supplying a dictionary of plant pathological phrases and an entire checklist of crop ailments, approved names, synonyms, and anamorphic/telemorphic names of pathogens, the Concise Encyclopedia of Plant Pathology is a necessary reference for:
- the most recent nomenclature and type of every crop bacterial pathogen
- the total directory of crop fungal pathogens, with their revised systematic place and category of viruses into species, genera, households, and orders
- type of phytoplasmas and spiroplasmas
- affliction evaluation, distant sensing, and electronic photo research
- molecular diagnostic instruments, plant clinics, and forecasting versions extensive
- microbial insecticides
- triggered systemic resistance
- molecular marker-assisted choice, pyramiding of genes, and sturdy resistance
- genetic engineering and transgenic vegetation
- in vitro choice of resistant types
- 3 kingdoms containing fungal phyla and the newest sophisticated class of fungal phyla in accordance with molecular reviews
- bactericides and viricides
- seed health and wellbeing checking out
- indexing plant-propagation fabrics
- plant activators and plant extracts
- postharvest illnesses
- molecular biology of host resistance
- the entire record of fungicides, plus ready-formulated fungicide combos, type and mode of motion of fungicides, the spectrum of ailments managed by means of each one fungicide, a computer-based selection aid method, fungicide resistance, and sleek program gear
- and masses, even more!
With the Concise Encyclopedia of Plant Pathology you will research the traditional historical past of plant pathology; constitution, nomenclature, and category of fungal, bacterial, viral, and phytoplasma pathogens; parasitic protozoa, eco-friendly algae, nematodes, and parasitic greater crops; ailment review, distant sensing and electronic picture research; molecular illness diagnostics; affliction growth curve versions and forecasting versions; numerous novel ailment administration suggestions; and greatly extra. This well-organized, effectively obtainable reference is a useful guide for college kids, educators, and working towards plant pathologists.
By Charles R Geisst
Offers exact assurance of America's enterprise historical past, from the Hudson fur exchange to the net. greater than four hundred entries profile company titans and tycoons, Wall road wizards, leaders, and significant occasions and associations of yank enterprise - spanning the interval after American independence.
By M. Keith Booker
The technological know-how Fiction Handbook bargains a entire and available survey of 1 of the literary world's such a lot attention-grabbing genres.
- Includes separate old surveys of key subgenres together with time-travel narratives, post-apocalyptic and post-disaster narratives and works of utopian and dystopian technology fiction
- Each subgenre survey comprises an intensive checklist of appropriate severe readings, suggested novels within the subgenre, and suggested motion pictures appropriate to the subgenre
- Features entries on a few key technological know-how fiction authors and huge dialogue of significant technology fiction novels or sequences
- Writers and works comprise Isaac Asimov; Margaret Atwood; George Orwell; Ursula ok. Le Guin; The warfare of the Worlds (1898); Starship Troopers (1959); Mars Trilogy (1993-6); and plenty of more
- A 'Science Fiction word list' completes this fundamental Handbook
This moment variation presents easy accessibility to big suggestions, concerns and expertise tendencies within the box of multimedia applied sciences, structures, suggestions, and purposes. Over 1,100 heavily-illustrated pages ― together with eighty new entries ― current concise overviews of all facets of software program, structures, internet instruments and that allow video, audio and constructing media to be shared and introduced electronically.