By Mark Lutz
Updated for either Python 3.4 and 2.7, this useful pocket advisor is the correct on-the-job speedy reference. You’ll locate concise, need-to-know info on Python forms and statements, unique approach names, integrated services and exceptions, known general library modules, and different famous Python instruments. The convenient index permits you to pinpoint precisely what you need.
Written by means of Mark Lutz—widely well-known because the world’s top Python trainer—Python Pocket Reference is a perfect spouse to O’Reilly’s vintage Python tutorials, studying Python and Programming Python, additionally written via Mark.
This 5th version covers:
- Built-in item kinds, together with numbers, lists, dictionaries, and more
- Statements and syntax for developing and processing objects
- Functions and modules for structuring and reusing code
- Python’s object-oriented programming tools
- Built-in capabilities, exceptions, and attributes
- Special operator overloading methods
- Widely used usual library modules and extensions
- Command-line strategies and improvement tools
- Python idioms and hints
- The Python SQL Database API
By Daniel Greenfeld
The 3rd variation, Scoops of Django: top Practices For Django 1.8 is offered! Revised and accelerated to 532 pages, it is a complete new publication packed with new fabric. Please think about it earlier than deciding to buy this edition!
Two Scoops of Django: top Practices For Django 1.5 is brim-full of fabric to help you together with your Django projects.
We'll introduce you to varied advice, tips, styles, code snippets, and methods that we now have picked up over the years.
We have positioned hundreds of thousands of hours into writing and revising its three hundred+ pages of concise, example-packed text.
What is all people asserting approximately Scoops of Django?
- “A unmarried read-through of 2 Scoops of Django gave me such a lot of lightbulbs and counsel; I needed to return for a moment helping.” -- Lynn Root, crimson Hat engineer and PyLadies ambassador.
- Ha ha, I discovered whatever within the first bankruptcy. Awesome. -- Zed Shaw, writer of study Python the challenging Way.
- Two Scoops may still supply a few nutrients for notion and usable suggestions for anyone utilizing Django regularly. -- Malcolm Tredinnick, Django middle Contributor
- Make yes you may have your favourite venture subsequent to you whereas studying. you will be doing a little rewriting. -- Bryan Veloso, GitHubber, PyCon PH Keynote Speaker
- If i'll time trip, the very first thing i would do will be provide my more youthful self a duplicate of this e-book, and make him learn it. -- Randall Degges, Passionate Python Hacker
- You comprehend these classes you research whilst initiatives blow up on your face? This booklet includes numerous tasks worthy of such lessons. -- Lennart Regebro, writer of "Porting to Python 3"
- This publication should still turn out to be an awesome source for any new-to-Django developer that selections it up. -- Kenneth Love, author of "Getting began with Django"
- No topic what your ability point is, Scoops has stable suggestions for everyone. -- Jeff Triplett, Developer at Revsys
- This is the booklet i needed had existed and that i can have learn while i began studying Django. -- Barry Morrison, Linux structures engineer and Django developer
- Two Scoops of Django is via some distance the easiest Django publication i have read. -- Ben Beecher on Twitter
- Are there any negatives? good convinced. just one: I want i have learn it earlier! -- Branko Vukelic
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: Coding Conventions
- Chapter 2: The optimum Django setting Setup
- Chapter three: the right way to Lay Out Django Projects
- Chapter four: basics of Django App Design
- Chapter five: Settings and standards Files
- Chapter 6: Database/Model most sensible Practices
- Chapter 7: Function-and Class-Based Views
- Chapter eight: most sensible Practices for sophistication established Views
- Chapter nine: universal styles for Forms
- Chapter 10: extra issues to grasp approximately Forms
- Chapter eleven: construction relaxation APIs in Django
- Chapter 12: Templates: top Practices
- Chapter thirteen: Template Tags and Filters
- Chapter 14: Tradeoffs of changing center Components
- Chapter 15: operating With the Django Admin
- Chapter sixteen: facing the person Model
- Chapter 17: Django's mystery Sauce: Third-Party Packages
- Chapter 18: checking out bankruptcy of Doom!
- Chapter 19: Documentation: Be Obsessed
- Chapter 20: discovering and lowering Bottlenecks
- Chapter 21: protection most sensible Practices
- Chapter 22: Logging: suggestions and Tools
- Chapter 23: signs: Use circumstances and Avoidance Techniques
- Chapter 24: What approximately these Random Utilities?
- Chapter 25: Deploying Django Projects
- Chapter 26: how you can free up your personal Django Packages
- Chapter 27: final Thoughts
- Appendix A: programs pointed out during this Book
- Appendix B: Troubleshooting
You Will Learn Python!
Zed Shaw has perfected the world's top approach for studying Python. keep on with it and you may succeed-just just like the thousands of newcomers Zed has taught to this point! You carry the self-discipline, dedication, and patience; the writer provides every little thing else.
In Learn Python the demanding manner, 3rd Edition, you will study Python through operating via fifty two brilliantly crafted routines. learn them. style their code precisely. (No copying and pasting!) repair your error. Watch the courses run. As you do, you will learn the way software program works; what stable courses appear like; the way to learn, write, and consider code; and the way to discover and connect your blunders utilizing methods expert programmers use. most significantly, you will research the next, that you have to begin writing very good Python software program of your own:
Installing a whole Python environment
Organizing and writing code
Strings and text
Interacting with users
Working with files
Looping and logic
Data buildings utilizing lists and dictionaries
Inheritance and composition
Modules, sessions, and objects
Basic online game development
Basic net development
It'll be difficult first and foremost. yet quickly, you are going to simply get it-and that may believe nice!
This instructional will gift you for each minute you set into it. quickly, you will understand one of many world's strongest, well known programming languages. you may be a Python programmer.
Watch Zed, too! The accompanying DVD includes five+ hours of passionate, strong instructing: an entire Python video course!
By Kurt W. Smith
Build software program that mixes Python's expressivity with the functionality and regulate of C (and C++). It's attainable with Cython, the compiler and hybrid programming language utilized by foundational applications equivalent to NumPy, and trendy in initiatives together with Pandas, h5py, and scikits-learn. during this useful consultant, you'll the best way to use Cython to enhance Python's performance—up to 3000x— and to wrap C and C++ libraries in Python with ease.
Author Kurt Smith takes you thru Cython's services, with pattern code and in-depth perform routines. If you're simply beginning with Cython, or are looking to move deeper, you'll find out how this language is an important a part of any performance-oriented Python programmer's arsenal.
• Use Cython's static typing to hurry up Python code
• achieve hands-on adventure utilizing Cython gains to spice up your numeric-heavy Python
• Create new forms with Cython—and see how briskly object-oriented programming in Python can be
• successfully arrange Cython code into separate modules and applications with out sacrificing performance
• Use Cython to provide Pythonic interfaces to C and C++ libraries
• Optimize code with Cython's runtime and compile-time profiling tools
• Use Cython's prange functionality to parallelize loops transparently with OpenMP
By Mark Summerfield
The Insider's Best-Practice advisor to speedy PyQt four GUI Development
Whether you are development GUI prototypes or full-fledged cross-platform GUI purposes with local look-and-feel, PyQt four is your quickest, simplest, strongest answer. Qt professional Mark Summerfield has written the definitive best-practice advisor to PyQt four development.
With Rapid GUI Programming with Python and Qt you are going to the best way to construct effective GUI functions that run on all significant working structures, together with home windows, Mac OS X, Linux, and lots of types of Unix, utilizing an identical resource code for them all. Summerfield systematically introduces each middle GUI improvement method: from dialogs and home windows to info dealing with; from occasions to printing; and extra. during the book's real looking examples you will discover a very new PyQt 4-based programming strategy, in addition to assurance of many new themes, from PyQt 4's wealthy textual content engine to complicated model/view and graphics/view programming. each key thought is illuminated with sensible, downloadable examples—all validated on home windows, Mac OS X, and Linux with Python 2.5, Qt 4.2, and PyQt 4.2, and on home windows and Linux with Qt 4.3 and PyQt 4.3.
- Python fundamentals for each PyQt developer: information kinds, facts constructions, keep an eye on constructions, periods, modules, and more
- Core PyQt GUI programming innovations: dialogs, major home windows, and customized dossier formats
- Using Qt clothier to layout consumer interfaces, and to enforce and attempt dialogs, occasions, the Clipboard, and drag-and-drop
- Building customized widgets: Widget type Sheets, composite widgets, subclassing, and more
- Making the main of Qt 4.2's new graphics/view architecture
- Connecting to databases, executing SQL queries, and utilizing shape and desk views
- Advanced model/view programming: customized perspectives, favourite delegates, and more
- Implementing on-line aid, internationalizing purposes, and utilizing PyQt's networking and multithreading facilities
By Michael J. Foord
In 2005, Microsoft quietly introduced an initiative to carry dynamic languages to the .NET platform. the place to begin for this undertaking used to be a .NET implementation of Python, dubbed IronPython. After a pair years of incubation, IronPython is prepared for real-world use. It blends the simplicity, splendor, and dynamism of Python with the facility of the .NET framework.
IronPython in Action deals a accomplished, hands-on advent to Microsoft's intriguing new procedure for programming the .NET framework. It methods IronPython as a first-class .NET language, totally built-in with the .NET surroundings, visible Studio, or even the open-source Mono implementation. you are going to learn the way IronPython may be embedded as a ready-made scripting language into C# and VB.NET courses, used for writing complete functions or for internet improvement with ASP. Even larger, you will see how IronPython works in Silverlight for client-side internet programming.
IronPython opens up interesting new percentages. simply because it is a dynamic language, it allows programming paradigms no longer simply to be had in VB and C#. during this booklet, authors Michael Foord and Christian Muirhead discover the realm of useful programming, reside introspection, dynamic typing and duck typing , metaprogramming, and extra.
IronPython in Action explores those issues with examples, applying the Python interactive console to discover the .NET framework with reside gadgets. The specialist authors supply a whole advent for programmers to either the Python language and the ability of the .NET framework. The booklet additionally exhibits how one can expand IronPython with C#, extending C# and VB.NET purposes with Python, utilizing IronPython with .NET 3.0 and Powershell, IronPython as a home windows scripting software, and lots more and plenty extra.
buy of the print e-book comes with a suggestion of a unfastened PDF, ePub, and Kindle booklet from Manning. additionally on hand is all code from the publication.
By Jacob Perkins
Over eighty useful recipes on usual language processing innovations utilizing Python's NLTK 3.0
About This Book
- Break textual content down into its part components for spelling correction, function extraction, and word transformation
- Learn how one can do customized sentiment research and named entity recognition
- Work during the normal language processing techniques with basic and easy-to-follow programming recipes
Who This ebook Is For
This e-book is meant for Python programmers attracted to studying the right way to do typical language processing. might be you have got discovered the bounds of normal expressions the difficult means, or you could have discovered that human language can't be deterministically parsed like a working laptop or computer language. maybe you might have extra textual content than you recognize what to do with, and want computerized how one can research and constitution that textual content. This Cookbook will provide help to teach and use statistical language types to technique textual content in ways in which are virtually most unlikely with normal programming instruments. A uncomplicated wisdom of Python and the elemental textual content processing ideas is predicted. a few event with commonplace expressions may also be helpful.
What you'll Learn
- Tokenize textual content into sentences, and sentences into words
- Look up phrases within the WordNet dictionary
- Apply spelling correction and notice replacement
- Access the integrated textual content corpora and create your individual customized corpus
- Tag phrases with elements of speech
- Chunk words and realize named entities
- Grammatically rework words and chunks
- Classify textual content and practice sentiment analysis
This publication will exhibit you the basic thoughts of textual content and language processing. beginning with tokenization, stemming, and the WordNet dictionary, you will development to part-of-speech tagging, word chunking, and named entity attractiveness. you will find out how quite a few textual content corpora are geared up, in addition to the right way to create your personal customized corpus. Then, you will movement onto textual content type with a spotlight on sentiment research. and since NLP could be computationally dear on huge our bodies of textual content, you are going to try out a couple of equipment for dispensed textual content processing. eventually, you can be brought to a few different small yet complementary Python libraries for textual content research, cleansing, and parsing.
This cookbook presents uncomplicated, simple examples so that you can fast study textual content processing with Python and NLTK.
By Dave Brueck
The Python 2.1 Bible presents the one whole Python language reference out there and contains all of the details and software program that builders have to use Python as a fast program improvement tool.
The Python 2.1 Bible fills a severe void within the Python reference marketplace. even though it contains a whole Python language reference part, it really is nonetheless geared in the direction of these of you who have already got a few programming adventure. This ebook explains every bit of expertise extensive and exhibits via transparent examples why each one function turns out to be useful. this can be the handbook you have been expecting -- the person who covers all significant Python parts with no glossing over how a few of the items healthy jointly.
By Micha Gorelick, Ian Ozsvald
Your Python code may well run effectively, yet you wish it to run speedier. via exploring the elemental thought at the back of layout offerings, this functional consultant is helping you achieve a deeper figuring out of Python’s implementation. You’ll tips on how to find functionality bottlenecks and considerably accelerate your code in high-data-volume programs.
How are you able to reap the benefits of multi-core architectures or clusters? Or construct a method that could scale up and down with out wasting reliability? skilled Python programmers will research concrete suggestions to those and different concerns, in addition to warfare tales from businesses that use excessive functionality Python for social media analytics, productionized laptop studying, and different situations.
- Get a greater seize of numpy, Cython, and profilers
- Learn how Python abstracts the underlying machine architecture
- Use profiling to discover bottlenecks in CPU time and reminiscence usage
- Write effective courses by way of determining acceptable facts structures
- Speed up matrix and vector computations
- Use instruments to assemble Python right down to computer code
- Manage a number of I/O and computational operations concurrently
- Convert multiprocessing code to run on an area or distant cluster
- Solve huge difficulties whereas utilizing much less RAM
Thorough assurance of Microsoft’s new dynamic programming language: IronPython
IronPython is a robust and very important a part of any .NET developer's toolbox, and even though it is numerous years outdated, little or no literature exists at the subject. This crucial source fills that void and offers you with an in-depth knowing of IronPython.
A short advent walks you thru the deploy, utilization, and instruments of IronPython and likewise explains what makes IronPython diverse from different programming languages. insurance quick strikes directly to explaining tips on how to use and paintings with the IronPython language, and an in-depth examine its surroundings sheds gentle on the way it might be stand on my own or with the .NET Framework. you will see how IronPython can be utilized to create both computing device or Web-based purposes and you’ll witness the way it interacts with different present applied sciences. moreover, assurance of complex issues stocks innovations for extending IronPython and making it a strong language.
- Provides you with an in-depth examine IronPython, the way it isn't like different programming languages, what it truly is in a position to, and the way to maximise its potential
- Explores how IronPython interacts with latest applied sciences and the way it may practice management tasks
- Answers renowned questions, akin to the right way to expand IronPython and make it a stronger language
- Tackles subject matters now not addressed anyplace else, together with executing IronPython utilizing Mono
You'll are looking to eat each subject lined in Professional IronPython so that you can start operating with this strong programming language today.